Thursday, January 28, 2010

Video problems

Please use the comments section below to solicit advice or point out problems, solutions too.

I'll look in regularly but would be grateful if a Windows adept or two could help anyone with an issue with the video. If videos have been working for you but one appears that doesn't you might want to let me know by email too.

iTunes and Quicktime should handle everyone's needs for current videos. I have some older ones posted on learn@uw in .f4v or .flv format. You can try your favorite player but what works best is Adobe Media Player, downloadable for Windows and Mac OS free at http://www.adobe.com/products/mediaplayer/. In fact unless you know what you're doing I wouldn't try anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Hey everybody, I can't seem to get the video to work....I am using Windows and have Quicktime 7.6.5 installed. However, when I click the link under "video lectures" it appears on Learn at UW with the QuickTime symbol and a question mark on top. Did/Does anyone else encounter this problem or could give me some advice?

    ~Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake - did you get this sorted out? You might try playing the smallest one in iTunes - that should work if all else fails. And it doesn't look too compressed, certainly better than YouTube.

    ReplyDelete