Hey guys, I'm working on the forth topic from the syllabus. If your working on the same one or even a similar question like number three, maybe we could share some ideas. Also I'm cool with meeting in person somewhere if that makes communication on subjects a little easier. My E-mail is dhmorris@wisc.edu
Hey I was just wondering how anyone is going to outline #3. Are you going to get specific with each structure that Chamberlain put into the topic? I think I'm going to limit mine to a certain area, but I don't know if this is the best approach. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas?
I'm not doing the third topic but I think it depends on how much information you can pull out from the sources provided. If you feel that you need to include all of them to have a concise paper that covers all the aspects of the problem, then go right ahead and write on all of them. Just make sure you tie them all together and have good transitions.
I found that it was easier to concentrate on a specific place, like Iraq. It is almost easier to write with this specific area in mind, because searching for "iraq" in indexes has actually been quite helpful. Also, books that I have found seemt to write a chapter about one place and then move on to another place, so all of the info about a specific place is in one area. I would recommend doing it this way.
Yes, concentrating on Iraq is a good idea, as the sources are better on it than elsewhere. You also have Morony's very important book to work off of.
Narrowing topics down: I know that when you propose topics you are often urged to narrow it down, but the suggested paper topics don't permit this very well. They work very well on their own. Of course you will be concentrating on some issues more than others, but I would keep the over-all issue the same.
Hey guys, I'm working on the forth topic from the syllabus. If your working on the same one or even a similar question like number three, maybe we could share some ideas. Also I'm cool with meeting in person somewhere if that makes communication on subjects a little easier. My E-mail is dhmorris@wisc.edu
ReplyDeleteHey, I am also working on the fourth topic. My e-mail is lbackes@wisc.edu if you would like to share ideas.
ReplyDeleteHey I was just wondering how anyone is going to outline #3. Are you going to get specific with each structure that Chamberlain put into the topic? I think I'm going to limit mine to a certain area, but I don't know if this is the best approach. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas?
ReplyDeleteI'm not doing the third topic but I think it depends on how much information you can pull out from the sources provided. If you feel that you need to include all of them to have a concise paper that covers all the aspects of the problem, then go right ahead and write on all of them. Just make sure you tie them all together and have good transitions.
ReplyDeleteAre most of you trying to limit your paper to a certain specific location (i.e. Syria or Iraq). Any recommended JSTOR articles?
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteI'm working on the fourth topic. Shoot me an email if you want to talk.
gdwarner@wisc.edu
I found that it was easier to concentrate on a specific place, like Iraq. It is almost easier to write with this specific area in mind, because searching for "iraq" in indexes has actually been quite helpful. Also, books that I have found seemt to write a chapter about one place and then move on to another place, so all of the info about a specific place is in one area. I would recommend doing it this way.
ReplyDeleteYes, concentrating on Iraq is a good idea, as the sources are better on it than elsewhere. You also have Morony's very important book to work off of.
ReplyDeleteNarrowing topics down: I know that when you propose topics you are often urged to narrow it down, but the suggested paper topics don't permit this very well. They work very well on their own. Of course you will be concentrating on some issues more than others, but I would keep the over-all issue the same.
If anybody wants to chat back and forth about this one, email me at bargnes@gmail.com.
ReplyDelete